1. How many keys on your key ring?
Seven. Car key, three for the apartment, two for work, one for the lock that holds the spare gas tank in my truck bed. Plus a bottle opener, 4GB flash drive, nail clipper, and my library card.
2. What kind of books do you like to read?
Science fiction, mostly. Hard SF and military SF are my preferred subgenres. I also read a ton of history. Currently working on A Traveller's History of Venice and Daily Life in the World of Charlemagne. Also read a lot of alternate history stuff.
3. What are some of the different jobs that you have had in your life?
Gravedigger, Infantryman, Car washer, Janitor, Retail sales, and of course being a driver of everything from a hatchback for a dental lab to 34' flatbeds. Currently a dispatcher/reservations agent for a limo service.
4. What is your best childhood memory?
I don't have a single best, but I have many fond memories of going to Twin Lakes Beach in Santa Cruz (setting for the movie The Lost Boys) and spending hours playing in the surf.
5. If you had a big win in the lottery, how long would you wait to tell people?
Other than immediate family, I'd want to wait until the check was in the bank, and we had spoken to a financial advisor to set up a plan for sustaining the money to provide a steady income. Then I'll announce that I'm throwing room parties at every Worldcon for the next ten years.
6. If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
Can I move the CalTrain tracks? We're about 110' feet from them. Actually, I'd love to have a top of the line shower where we can set preferred temperatures. I waste more time fiddling to get the right level when I go in, and having presets would be great for those days when I just want to scald myself silly.
7. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
It's been far too long since I threw myself out of a perfectly good aircraft.